Saturday, November 24, 2007

20 Years of TV Patrol



As a child of the 90s, hearing Noli de Castro's voice from our television set (and from our carpenter/house boy/home caretaker's radio) meant that it was 6:00 PM. I knew then that it was time to put my toys back to the shelves coz in a while, dinner will be served.

Somehow, the trio composed of our dear Kabayan Noli, Ka Kiko Evanglista (RIP) andMel Tiangco, gave me the Ka-Pamilya feeling. Evenings were not complete without watching TV Patrol--even if I did not care much about the current events. (Interest was only aroused when it was my turn to be the news reporter for my HEKASI class.)

I waited for Angelique Lazo's showbiz news, again, not because I cared, but only because I thought she looked very pretty.

If there was something informational which I looked forward to in the show, it was Erni Baron's (also RIP) weather report (to know if there was a typhoon coming and hoping that if there was, classes will be suspended--sorry, I was young then. I did not know that typhoons are disastrous.) and his Q&A portions.

ABS-CBN will be showing a documentary TV Patrol: 20 Taon ng Pagpapatrol tonight (Nov 25, Sunday) after Pinoy Big Brother.


Photo source and more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TV_Patrol_World

No comments: